Full time, fixed term (20 months) it can be extended the contract.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced professional to join The University of Government and Economics as Academic Administration Manager. Applicants should have extensive experience in managing an administrative team working in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a higher education setting. You will be confident professional working collaboratively with the Academic Administrators.
The successful applicant will be responsible for management of the Academic Administrators with regards to matters of professional accountability, ensuring smooth delivery of academic administration, directly contributing towards an excellent student experience.
You will be responsible for matters relating to institutional policy, procedure and process as they relate to academic administration including the co-ordination and professional support for Assessment Boards and other activities which ensure the smooth running of academic programmes. You will work closely with Co-ordinators, Academic teams and Deans to ensure the smooth delivery of academic administration.
High level of written and verbal communication skills, ability to encourage teamwork and solicit ideas of instructors, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and advanced knowledge in implementing plans to respond to academic-related issues.
Academic Administration Manager Requirements
- 1 year of experience as Academic Administration Manager.
- 1 year of teaching experience as university instructor.
- Educational level: Master’s degree for school of government or school of business.
- The candidate must be no criminal records. (We need papers from Somali Police office)
Academic Administration Manager Responsibilities
- Assist with recruitment, public relations, and marketing activities.
- Teaching courses in the subject area for school of government and economics.
- Communicate with partner institutions, external agencies, government departments and prospective students.
- Overseeing the development of academic standards and policies across departments, or the university within an institution.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the university departments, such as admissions, student services, advising, or recruitment.
- Managing the budget for their departments, including allocating funds to meet departmental needs.
- Overseeing the hiring of faculty members to ensure that they meet the academic qualifications required by the institution.
- Reviewing academic programs to ensure that they meet institutional standards and responding to any concerns raised by faculty members or students.
- Coordinating the activities of individuals who support the academic pursuits of students, such as deans of student affairs or registrars.
Interview – we will call you an interview (online via MS Teams or google meets – Date: 05.04.2023)
We are actively committed to growing and supporting a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities. After submitting your application, if you have not heard from us before the interview date shown, please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like to ask questions about any of our vacancies, or you want to apply this vacancy please contact us via this email (CV and portfolio): firstname.lastname@example.org